In case you missed it, on Monday I challenged myself to stand up and be active as much as possible while working at a desk job. Now, Friday I want to recap how this worked out.
I found that it is actually pretty difficult to stay really active at a job like this, but here is how I did.
- Opted to stand on my train commute a couple of times
- Went for two lunch time walks
- Went for several late afternoon quick walks
- Stood up during a few of the meetings I attended
- Drank lots of water- refilled from far away kitchen
- Started petitioning for “standing” desks in our office We’ll see how this goes.
Another thing that I am trying to start is being more active when I get home from work. Sometimes I come home and sit down and don’t get up. I’ve been trying to be a little bit more active by moving around, cleaning up, etc. I really love my Tuesday night gymnastics classes and I might start incorporating more after work activities into my routine.
As for my workouts this morning. I didn’t want to run because I plan on doing a long run tomorrow morning so I spend about 20 minutes doing ab exercises. In total I did about 200 different versions of crunches, :30 planks and side planks, :30 super man hold, and :30 reverse super man hold? We learned it at gymnastics this week so I’m not sure what that one is called. I tried searching for an image of it, but this is the closest one that I found, so use your imagination. Your legs and arms don’t go as high as in the picture.
Enjoy your Friday everyone!!